In the last couple of years, I’ve really come to love matcha tea. I was first introduced to it by a fellow coffee-loving friend, and I fell in love with it.
I’ve been a coffee drinker almost my whole life (since I was seven thanks to my Paw-Paw). When I was in college I think I just about poisoned my body with coffee I drank so much of it pulling all-nighters for my fashion classes.
What I love about matcha is how my body reacts to it. It balances me out. It gives me energy that lasts throughout the day — not a high. I don’t have any stomach aches or digestive problems or withdrawal headaches. Now, I still drink a few cups of coffee a week, I just don’t drink it like I used to. I love that I can equally enjoy a tea latte as a substitute — and drink it twice a day.
I wanted to share my mad love for this drink and my recipe!
- 2 T water
- Enough non-dairy milk to fill the rest of my mug
- ½ – 1 tsp Matcha powder
- Vanilla extract
- Honey to taste
- Heat water on the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Combine water, matcha and honey in your mug and use milk frother to mix well. I do this because matcha easily separates and settles to the bottom and this helps prevent a lot of that.
- Heat milk on stove until hot, not boiling.
- Froth hot milk in a mug. I use this handy little frother. It works well and it’s super affordable!
- Pour over matcha to combine.
Love matcha? Where do you get your favorite matcha from? Let me know in the comments!
S H O P T H E P O S T